It's been about 6 months since I gave up eggs. I'm not entirely vegan but eating eggs were causing a lot of skin issues for me. The problem is now, everything has eggs! Finding the right egg substitute is a lot more challenging.
Through a ton of experimentation, and eating a lot of bad pancakes, I have stumbled across a really great recipe. It's kind of a melange of other recipes that I found online but I'm fairly certain that this one is a winner. It's also gluten free!
Here's the trick: The fluffy is all in the baking powder!
Try the recipe below and let me know what you think!
1 cup Tipo "00" flour (or any gluten free flour of your choice)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated organic erythritol/xylitol mix
1 pinch sea salt
(Option: if you don't want to use the above sweetener, you can try without or substitute with organic maple syrup)
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. I'm going to try coconut milk next!)
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
coconut oil to grease the pan
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl
2. Whisk all together
3. Add wet ingredients and whisk together, until batter is smooth and has an opaque consistency, to the touch.
4. Use a small amount of coconut oil to grease the pan after each pancake
5. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top
6. Then, flip over for about a minute or until golden.
7. Stack 'em up and add your favorite toppings!
Feel free to leave a comment below or if you have any suggestions!